Massimo Zanetti Beverage Corporate Responsibility
Preserving and Bettering Our World.
We may be one of the world’s leading coffee companies, but as we see it, our corporate responsibility extends well beyond our customers and shareholders to the entire planet and everyone on it. That’s why we’re committed to good environmental stewardship and community involvement.
Innovation in Processing. Innovation in Product Development.
Massimo Zanetti Beverage has implemented sustainable practices at every step of our vertically integrated operation, from farming to distribution. Here are just a few examples.
- Koloa Estate in Hawaii, where our Kauai coffee is processed from seed to cup, features a drip irrigation system. This industry marvel boasts 2,500 miles of drip tubing that apply water and fertilizers directly to the roots of the coffee tree, eliminating toxic spray and dust from the air.
- Water used during processing is cleaned and reused in the fields, while coffee-cherry pulp and mulch resulting from pruning are put back into the land to enrich the soil.
- As a single-source supplier for retailers that carry our national brands and private-label coffees, we provide distribution via a single truck-delivery system. This vastly reduces our carbon footprint.
- MZB’s ongoing research and development continually improves upon our sustainable coffee solutions. For instance, the burgeoning single-serve market led to the creation of our single-serve Filter Cups™. A Better Cup By Design™ uses 30% less plastic than a traditional plastic single-serve cups.
- We’re currently developing a compostable Filter Cup™, which will add another earth-friendly option for consumers in the latter half of 2015.
Caring for Our Communities.
Our support for charitable organizations includes every aspect of our company, from the donations we make as part of our commitment to corporate responsibility, to hands-on involvement from individuals who work for MZB. Here are just a few of the organizations we support.
- Children’s Hospital of the King’s Daughters (CHKD) improves the lives of children through the science, education and excellence in quality care.
- The Roc Solid Foundation provides hope through play for children facing life-threatening illness.
- Samaritan House fosters growth and empowerment for people dealing with domestic abuse and homelessness.
- The Zanetti Onlus Foundation is a global outreach founded by Mr. Zanetti in 2007 that addresses the social, economic, medical, educational and psychological needs of children in at-risk areas across the globe.